When was the last time you saw an overhead projector in action? This beautiful vintage model was sitting in a business park conference room. My guess is that it never gets used, but nobody has the heart (or the authority) to throw it way.
I'm thrilled to be presenting at Training 2013 Conference and Expo. Humans have been crafting and telling stories to share information and learnings since the first cave paintings and fables. Sometimes we get so bogged down by objectives, internal client requirements, and key metrics that we forget to make learning engaging and compelling. Whether classroom, self-directed, eLearning, mobile, informal or formal, learn how to make your next project more compelling by:
- Defining the conflict to build your plot around.
- Establishing the hero for participants to connect with and cheer for.
- Creating the “lean forward” moment where learners feel it in their gut and pay attention a bit more.
- Building momentum that pulls participants deeper into the content.
- Editing for pacing, scope, and attention span.